Bergara Trains for Sales
The collective team of experts at Bergara had been designing and testing the B-14R for several years behind closed doors before it went public at the 2020 SHOT Show. Built with its world renowned six steps barrel making process, the full size .22 LR precision trainer complimented the B-14 HMR as a complete full-size training rifle, mimicking the same function and operation of the centerfire HMR system.
With the growing numbers of shooters participating in competitive matches and small calibre (.22 LR) PRS style shooting tournaments around the world, Bergara believed that the time was right to introduce the B-14R to the shooting industry by offering a solidly built, precision trainer to compete in the growing market, dominated by custom rifles.
The B-14R is designed to be a true full-size rimfire action rifle, allowing shooters to have a similar size and feel to their centerfire rifle. The big benefit of the B-14R is that it allows the individual shooter to clone their primary shooting platform on a smaller calibre utilizing a full-size action system.
The B-14R utilizes the push feed dual extractor system, its design is based off the Rem 700 footprint, which gives the shooters an option to customize their rifle with a wide array of aftermarket accessories.
It provides a perfect platform to allow any shooter the ability to change out components on their rifle with all kinds of compatible accessories like trigger, base mount and stock. The proprietary single stack .22LR magazine has the same dimensions as a standard short action AICS mag that Bergara incorporated into the B-14R system using the M5 standard DBM structure.
The B-14R allows shooters to practice their shooting disciplines at a more affordable cost, saving price on ammo while mimicking the same operational function of their B-14 HMR.
• Calibre: 22 Long Rifle
• Action: B-14R
• Barrel: 4140 Bergara Barrel
• Barrel profile: 21,3mm/No. 6
• Twist: 1:16
• Barrel length: 46cm (18”)
• Threaded muzzle: 1/2-28 (includes thread protector)
• Weight: Steel 4,15kg (9.25 lbs.) – Carbon 3,67kg (8.1 lbs.)
• Length: 96,5cm (38”) with spacers
• Trigger: Bergara Performance Trigger
• Mag capacity: 10 round single-stack magazine (included)
• Scope mounts: 6-48 screws, Rem 700 compatible
• Stock: HMR stock moulded with internal mini-chassis, integrated OD flush cup sling mounts and swivel mounts, adjustable cheek piece and length-of-pull.
• Full-length integrated mini-chassis for repeatable bedding and supports fully free-floated barrel.
In closing, the B-14R is no lightweight for a rimfire, it is built like a tank and meant to take the punishing abuse it receives from competitive shooters and hunters. It provides beginners, all the way up to the professional shooters, a long-range training platform for target shooting and small game hunting, offering the same Bergara accuracy just like its big brother the B-14 HMR.